Monday, October 18, 2010

Whale Watching and Other Stuff

Programming Note: There will be no POTG Radio Tonight.

While I did not see Saturday's loss to the Capitals, I was as disappointed in the result as anyone. Through the miracle of XM radio, I was able to listen to the game in its entirety as I drove from Yosemite to Monterey.

I am pleased that we are 3-0-1 and have seven points at this point. I am not pleased that Marcel Goc suffered a needless injury due to the kind of hits that are supposed to be eliminated. Not that it will do us any good, but I hope that Backstrom gets five to ten games.

As expected, Nic Spaling was recalled and will do well filling in during Goc's absence. Pekka is back too, and it is great that the Preds had the luxury of letting him take his time to heal before returning. Anders Lindback is a keeper.

Thanks again to Ryan Porth for Saturday's game story and the one he will be doing on Tuesday after the Calgary game.

Here's a sampling of what I've been doing while out of town. It's sort of a mini-return of the summer travelogue.



Whale Watching in Monterey Bay











Click on pictures for a larger view











More Later...

Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass

No comments: